Senior Electrical Engineer
We are currently seeking an Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team! Using your initiative, enthusiasm, experience and engineering background, you will play a key role in performing a spectrum of electrical engineering tasks and activities including requirements creation, system design, hardware/software integration, test and performance verification of system, and failure analysis’. This is an opportunity to be an early team member in an innovative, thriving, and ambitious company.
- Will design and innovate new equipment for the factory, or run continuous improvement programs on existing equipment to improve capability, throughput, and availability of process equipment for the manufacturing lines.
- Designing electrical systems and equipment engineering for the built environment with little guidance from a project manager or professional engineer.
- Interacts with contractors and manufacturers to discuss issues and create workable designs around process equipment and factory electrical systems.
- Prepares required calculations to meet project requirements.
- Collaborates with project managers, engineers, and other team members as part of a coordinated design team.
- Reviews drawings and researches electrical and safety code issues to comply with national, city, state, and county regulations.
- Creates and prepares design documentation in textual and computer-aided design formats in accordance with project and client specifications.
- Produces accurate and timely products by utilizing electrical engineering knowledge and skills.
- Performs field investigation of process equipment and innovation opportunities.
- Develops efficient and accurate solutions to design problems.
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options.
- Carries out construction observation and punch lists, reviews contractor modification requests, reviews contractor RFIs, and issues field directions.
- Enhances abilities and consistently broadens knowledge of the technology, trends, and markets in which we operate as they relate to the various project types.
- 5+ years of experience, with a preferred Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- PE designation is desirable but not required.
- Understanding of power systems; estimates of voltage loss, short circuit, and building load.
- Experience in electrical design for mission-critical buildings, higher education, science and technology, and/or process equipment is preferred.
- Strong understanding of electrical design for the built environment, including but not restricted to electrical, lighting, and fire/life safety systems, device layouts, circuiting, panel schedules and load calculations, riser diagrams, and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and generate and review intricate electrical design drawings.
- Ability to integrate design elements with architectural, civil, structural, ICT, mechanical and other disciplines to deliver a coordinated, constructible design.
- Strong familiarity with the relevant codes and standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities; capacity to create and deliver accurate, expertly crafted reports and recommendations.
- Knowledge of CAD and Building Information Modeling (BIM) applications, especially AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.