Repair Service Technician
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Repair Service Technician position located in Turlock, CA. We are seeking to find an energetic, positive, customer-oriented and proactive individual.
As a Repair Service Technician, you will be responsible for repairing machinery, mechanical equipment and components made of cast metals using proprietary and patented products and techniques in addition to industry standard procedures. These repairs are performed both in the company’s shop and at the customer’s location. In addition, the Repair Service Technician sets-up and operates a wide variety of hand tools, machine tools and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair by performing the duties listed below.
- Conduct thorough inspection and perform failure analysis in order to determine extent of damage and to formulate scope of work.
- Create accurate and complete scope of work.
- Dismantle machine(s) or equipment as necessary to examine parts for defect, to remove defective or damaged parts, and to gain access for repair.
- Perform metal stitching repairs and install thread repair inserts using products that are manufactured by LNS; frequently install specifically designed functional and structural reinforcements.
- Weld using gas welding, fusion welding, powder spraying, brazing, and any combination of electric welding processes.
- Perform related tasks such as cutting, plasma cutting, machining, drilling, tapping, and grinding.
- Cut, Fit and install patches.
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points; use micrometers and calipers.
- Set-up and operate lathe, drill press, mill, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Reassemble machine or equipment and test effectiveness of repair.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years of increasingly advanced mechanical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Welding certifications, metal stitching experience and additional education in a related field are desired.
- Current driver’s license; must be insurable by the company’s vehicle insurance provider.
- Valid passport within 90 days of the date of hire.
- Possess above-average mechanical aptitude, at least average machining aptitude and welding aptitude.
- Must have strong knowledge of hand tools and inspection tools.
- Must acquire solid knowledge of repair services process and knowledge of LNS repair services products and their part numbers, part families and kits.
- Complete company records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete all internal control records, forms, and procedures properly and accurately.
- Will require strong reading, writing and arithmetic skills, and must have good functional knowledge of common office computer systems and basic working knowledge of electronic media tools (camera & picture files).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.