We are looking for a CNC Machinist who will program and operate CNC lathes and mills. This position will be located in Turlock, CA, USA.
Project Location(s): Turlock, CA
Compensation: $65,000 annually
- Program and operate CNC lathes and mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs with the ability to hold close tolerances.
- Sets-up lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers, indicating vices.
- Sets-up Mills by installing, tools, attachments, fixtures, soft jaws, stops.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces, adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Performs in process inspection of parts.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a CNC Programmer and Machinist.
- Familiarity with Fanuc G & M code-based programming.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.