Solar Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist will work closely with solar installers to provide technical support over the phone, via email and occasionally on-site; for day-to-day troubleshooting of solar installation products including battery systems, inverters, monitoring or other engineering aspects of the installation. Training directly with manufacturers and crew leads will be required to ensure up-to-date knowledge of equipment, hardware and software systems.
The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of the solar installation process and be extremely tech savvy with a strong mechanical aptitude and a desire to help others.
- Provide over the phone technical support to solar installation technicians, helping to troubleshooting issues with inverters, monitoring systems or batteries.
- Work closely with solar manufacturers for additional training on installation and troubleshooting of their products.
- Coordinate shipments of materials to replace malfunctioning product.
- Build library of troubleshooting solutions and document all new solutions.
- Communicate with management on on-going issues with products and provide recommendations for better products.
- 2 years’ work experience in a similar Technical Support role
- Must have the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively over the phone to someone who is not technical.
- Solar industry experience is required
- Preferred experience in solar installation
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, specifically over the phone