The Solar Installer will provide support on solar installation projects, with a general understanding of the installation; from layout, install to final inspection. The ideal candidate will have a background in solar, roofing, electrical or similar field. Must have a go-getter attitude, show up to work, and be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
You will work within a dynamic product development team, responsible for leading the development of new/advanced products as well as existing products. Working cross-functionally with customers, product management, marketing, testing, sales, sourcing and other areas of the company.
- Perform residential solar installations up to local code requirements.
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system over current devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment.
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
- Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficient installation, electrical configuration, or system maintenance.
- Accurately bend Conduit for custom pipe installations.
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with installations.
- Ensure installation of work performed is of great workmanship and complaint with State and local codes.
- Work with local inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations, seeing project through to Final Sign Off.
- Provide photo documentation in accordance with internal Operations.
- Ensure work vehicles and trailer are stocked with enough inventory for solar installations.
- Follow safe working practices at all times on the jobsite.
- Must have previous hands-on experience in Solar, Roofing or Electrical.
- Must have previous experience and confidence bending Conduit.
- Familiarity with basic Building & Safety and Fire codes.
- Professional demeanor with clients.
- Must be able to safely climb ladders and work on rooftops, not afraid of heights.
- Must meet the physical demands of this position, with the ability to safely lift 75 lbs.