The Solar Installer will provide support on solar installation projects, with a general understanding of the installation; from layout, install to final inspection. The ideal candidate will have a background in solar, roofing, electrical or similar field. Must have a go-getter attitude, show up to work, and be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Perform residential solar installations up to local code requirements
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system over current devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation
- Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficient installation, electrical configuration, or system maintenance
- Accurately bend Conduit for custom pipe installations
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with installations
- Ensure installation of work performed is of great workmanship and complaint with State and local codes.
- Work with local inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations, seeing project through to Final Sign Off
- Provide photo documentation in accordance with internal Operations
- Ensure work vehicles and trailer are stocked with enough inventory for solar installations
- Follow safe working practices at all times on the job site
- Must have previous hands-on experience in Solar, Roofing or Electrical
- Must have previous experience and confidence bending Conduit
- Familiarity with basic Building & Safety and Fire codes
- Professional demeanor with clients
- Must be able to safely climb ladders and work on rooftops, not afraid of heights
- Must meet the physical demands of this position, with the ability to safely lift 75 lbs.