The Roof Lead will provide leadership and support on solar installation projects, with a solid understanding of the installation; from layout to final inspection. The ideal candidate will have a background in solar installations. Must have a go-getter attitude, show up to work, and be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Lead solar installation on the roof and ensure projects are completed in a timely fashion.
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system over current devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment.
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
- Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficient installation, electrical configuration, or system maintenance.
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with installations.
- Examine designs to determine current requirements for all parts of the photovoltaic (PV) system electrical circuit.
- Test operating voltages (DC) to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers.
- Ensure installation of work performed is of great workmanship and complaint with State and local codes.
- Work with local inspectors to satisfy local requirements and expectations, seeing project through to Final Sign Off.
- Provide photo documentation in accordance with Partner Photo Checklist.
- Ensure work vehicles and trailer are stocked with enough inventory for solar installations, checking with Electrician on-site to ensure they have materials needed for installation.
- Follow safe working practices at all times on the jobsite.
- Must have previous hands-on experience in Solar, Electrical or Roofing
- Strong knowledge of the NEC.
- Familiarity with basic Building & Safety and Fire codes.
- Professional demeanor with clients.
- Must be reliable and a strong leader.
- Must be able to safely climb ladders and work on rooftops; not afraid of heights.
- Must meet the physical demands of this position, with the ability to safely lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to successfully pass DMV and Background Check.