The Product Manager is responsible for managing the life cycle of the company products portfolio at different stages of the product life cycle. This position acts as a key bridge between Customers, R&D/Engineering, and Sales teams in the assigned market segment. This position demands a high level of market understanding (application, customer voices, industry trends, influencers, etc.) to be continually integrated into strategy workstreams and new product development. The Product Manager is responsible for collecting and analyzing Market and Customer data to develop a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy for new products while nurturing products in the early development phase and ensuring the marketing KPIs are met.
As a Product Manager, you possess a track record of successfully combining these skills. Specifically, you have launched many new products and platforms and created all sorts of tools and materials to enable sales and marketing teams to achieve new heights.
- Develop a strong market understanding about the role of the relevant application, solar/construction/industry trends, key stakeholders, and integrate market knowledge into strategy workstreams and new product development.
- Manage the assigned company product portfolio through different product life cycle stages. Manage phase-in /phase-out (if applicable).
- Define product requirements and marketing strategy (value proposition, differentiation, product positioning, target customers, and market reach).
- Together with the Marketing team, develop a comprehensive marketing communications package for external and internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and steer achievement of KPIs defined in the project (sales targets, profitability, etc.).
- Deep dive to gain a comprehensive understanding of the market environment and its dynamics by using market research methods and translating these into a conclusive report highlighting the company’s relevance and opportunities.
- Foster a profoundly collaborative relationship with sales and customer service teams and continually empower them with new messaging and materials that enhance the customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or marketing. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in B2B technical product marketing.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze sales and market data, conclude, present findings.
- Demonstrated understanding of solar mounting system products, applications, and customers preferred.
- Proven effectiveness in developing and executing comprehensive business and launch plans.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate effectively and independently in a dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy, content strategy, and the creative processes.
- Microsoft Office experience including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Experience with Salesforce and Pardot.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committee.