The PLC Programmer will help with control panel design, drawing updates, PLC Programming, and HMI design. Other duties will include field troubleshooting, startups, and remote support. The PLC Programmer works under the direction of the Electrical Engineer and PLC Programming Engineer.
- Create and develop control panel designs, schematics and drawings in AutoCAD.
- Interpret equipment specifications into detailed designs and BOMs.
- Create an accurate Bill of Material (BOM) for each assigned project.
- Update existing drawings as needed and provide timely and detailed status updates, as required.
- PLC programming with Rockwell Automation Studio 5000 and RSLOGIX 500.
- HMI programming with Weintek EBPRO.
- Quickly troubleshoot issues in the field whether it is within the PLC code or with field wiring.
- Must manage time efficiently while completing all necessary work on a daily basis.
- Comply with the company safety procedures.
- This position requires occasional in-state or out-of-state travel.
- Live the company culture of integrity, teamwork, self-discipline and professional competence.
- Contributes to the overall success by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical (Years of experience may suffice).
- 2 years of experience in Automation/Control programming preferred.
- Background in fluid mechanics is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Electric Code.
- Must possess the ability to communicate orally with management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential and expected.
- Available/willing to work overtime to meet project commitments, as required.
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to think designs through completely.
- Adapts productively to change, demonstrates flexibility in approach to work, performs all duties as assigned, and complies with all safe work practices.