Plant Safety Manager
The Safety Manager will ensure the overall safety and wellness of our employees by developing, coordinating, and implementing occupational health policies and procedures that promote and ensure effective safety operations across all departments and divisions within the Plant and Orchards. The Safety Manager will work with all team members across the entire organization to fully understand the vertically integrated nature of the enterprise and the various processes currently established. The Safety Manager will ultimately be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OSHA) guidelines with the goal of always ensuring a safe working environment to prevent injuries and accidents in the workplace. The accurate scheduling, recording, and maintaining of proper safety records will include safety meetings covering required topics and other relevant safety matters.
- Collaborate with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Ensure completion of required OSHA record keeping and reporting.
- Establish, manage, and provide technical and administrative support to the safety committee.
- Stop operations and activities that could harm employees or equipment.
- Identify opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Identify pertinent and required employee safety training based on applicable safety standards.
- Conduct safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Review and/or develop safety training and recommend revisions, improvements, and updates to existing safety resources.
- Conduct accident investigations and review related incident reports.
- Develop relationship with workers comp agents and company reps to maximize coverage benefits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and ability to lead and direct teams, with proficiency in planning, administering, conducting, and follow-up of meetings, trainings, or one-on-one’s
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience with employee training as core proficiency
- Must be familiar with and understand general workplace safety rules, Code of Safe Practices, and OSHA compliance.
- Accurate record keeping, math skills, and attention to detail with intermediate to advanced competencies in Microsoft Office platform (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- English and Spanish proficiency a must, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment and handle ever-changing industry and regulatory requirements
- Good interpersonal skills including peer relationships, command skills, providing clarity, and promoting trust and reliance
- Certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA, or other industry safety achievements preferred but not required. Will be required to obtain.