The Operations Manager will work with the Leads Operations team to establish and deliver expectations across Safety, Quality, Service, Performance, and People objectives. Collaborates with the Site Director and the Site Leadership Team to provide the development of plant strategies within the manufacturing department to deliver the site and company goals. Develops operational strategy for the production team and delivers key initiatives through proper leadership and continuous improvement efforts to ensure sustainability. Partners with all departments to ensure adequate oversight of the department for a 24/7 operation.
- As a member of the Site Leadership team takes a leadership role to collaborate and help build strategies to deliver site goals in support of company goals and objectives.
- Ensures that healthy operational reviews and measures/KPI’s are in place to track and deliver results to reduce injuries, improve quality, and reduce costs.
- Builds development plans to improve all levels of the team in the department. Actively coaches direct reports to increase their capability and the results of the team.
- Leads and develops continuous improvement; promotes the organization’s culture of Zero Waste, Zero Harm, One Team, and 100% Commitment.
- Enforces a comprehensive safety management program.
- Improves product quality levels by promoting and maintaining high standards of food safety and sanitation and delivering customer/consumer expectations.
- Lead team in assembling and delivering an Annual Operation Plan that drives improvement in both fixed and variable costs.
- Leads plant operations in a manner that assures high levels of conformance to production schedules and proper inventory control in a cost-effective manner to ensure Service levels are achieved.
- Acts as a change agent that leads the organization towards the expected Continuous Improvement culture.
- Ensures facility complies with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements involving human safety, food safety and environmental concerns.
- Leads and supports continuous improvements by instituting best practices as appropriate including methods such as TPM, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Achieves technical mastery of the production process and assist with innovation as required.
- Promotes continuous learning of staff resulting in a flexible and agile workforce.
- Stays abreast on cutting edge technology through external education programs, benchmarking or similar facilities and professional seminars.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Manufacturing.
- 7 years of food or beverage manufacturing experience.
- 4 years of experience supervising manufacturing teams.
- Experience effectively leading a team environment; skilled with translating concepts into concrete examples.
- Experience with operating a wide range of food processing equipment; knowledge of SQF and quality standards and requirements.
- High-degree of cross-functional understanding of maintenance practices and techniques; good understanding of SPC and associated tools.
- Covers weekends as needed to support 24/7 operations.