We are seeking a Materials Engineer in a solar recycling facility who would be responsible for developing and implementing processes for the safe and efficient recycling of solar panels and related components and ensuring that the recycled materials meet required quality standards for reuse.
Project Location(s): Odessa, TX
Compensation: $90,000 - $120,000 annually
- Developing and implementing recycling processes for solar panels and related components, in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Identifying and evaluating suitable recycling methods for different types of solar panels and components, based on their material composition and properties.
- Conducting tests and analyses on solar panels and components to determine their material content and suitability for recycling.
- Developing and optimizing processes for dismantling and separating materials from solar panels and related components.
- Developing and implementing quality control procedures to ensure that recycled materials meet required standards for reuse.
- Collaborating with other engineers and researchers to identify opportunities for improving the recycling process and reducing waste.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in materials science, recycling technologies, and environmental regulations related to solar panel recycling.
- Communicating findings and recommendations to management, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensuring that the recycling facility operates safely and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in materials science, engineering, or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with material testing, analysis, and development.
- Knowledge of material properties, production processes, and quality control procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools, such as CAD and simulation software.