Market Operations Analyst
As a Market Operations Analyst, you’ll be part of the team responsible for day-to-day operation of a multi-million dollar portfolio of energy market contracts. You will execute key operational tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly cadence that enable the company to bid into organized energy markets, provide carbon-free energy and capacity to the grid, and ultimately pay the hundreds of thousands of households that use our product.
As a Market Operations Analyst, you will use models and rich datasets to analyze our members’ actual and forecast energy-saving capabilities on both a short and long-term basis. You will assist in creating compliance documents for electric grid operators and regulators, while informing on the company’s activities in state and federal policy forums. Your day-to-day work will focus particularly on the California and New York electricity markets, both of which are at the forefront of innovation in zero-carbon distributed energy resources (DERs).
- Execute operational tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis such as forecasting and tracking customer growth, VPP performance, and contract fulfillment.
- Work across internal teams including Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Policy and Product to deliver a best-in-class customer experience while meeting operational and strategic milestones.
- Work externally with contract counterparties and regulatory agencies to satisfy operational, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Provide core strategic analysis that drives intra- and inter-year operations planning.
- Prepare and submit compliance reports, and respond to data requests from electric grid operators and regulators.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills.
- Comfort with and ability to make decisions under uncertainty.
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fully-remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years work experience in electric market operations (preferred).