As the Backend Developer on the engineering team, you will work closely with product management, business stakeholders, customer support, and engineering colleagues to develop critical product features and third party integrations.
Project Location(s): Remote, US
Compensation: $150k - $180k
- Design, develop, test and deploy new code.
- Perform peer code review, mentor junior developers.
- Implement application monitoring tools and proactively monitor application performance.
- Prioritize and manage development and issue resolution activities.
- Participate in our agile development process – regular team updates, standup meetings, 1-on-1’s.
- Work on many aspects of our stack: Python, Flask,MySQL, Celery, AWS (EC2, ELB, RDS, Redshift, S3, SQS, SES, etc), Ubuntu, Apache, Redis, Git, Jira.
- Must have previous experience designing web applications.
- Strong knowledge of Python, Ruby, or PHP.
- Solid understanding of database interactions in SQL.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Experience integrating with iOT APIs, libraries and services.
- Dedication to writing clean, robust code with good unit test coverage.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile Software Development.
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
- Independent, results-oriented mindset.
- Enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Desire for a career that makes an impact.
- 5+ years software development experience preferred.