Information Technology Manager
The IT Manager is a strategic, hands-on IT leader who is responsible for the build-out, improvement, maintenance and administration of the company’s IT infrastructure, including networks, end-user support, policies, security, communications and reliability. The IT Manager will lead and work with other team members and vendors to design, implement, and maintain all aspects of the technical infrastructure, including but not necessarily limited to operating system implementations, storage system configurations and related hardware and software components. The ideal candidate will have previous Enterprise level IT support experience, with additional experience in Active Directory and Exchange mail servers.
- IT Infrastructure build-out and management: Responsible for procurement, installation and life-cycle maintenance of IT hardware and software (includes PCs, peripherals, servers, networking equipment, operating systems and other software)
- Will seek out unmet business needs and propose technology-based solutions where appropriate
- Will lead the organization in the selection, implementation, and management of these solutions
- Will develop, gain approval for and manage a budget to accomplish goals
- Provide high level remote and on-site IT support
- Serves as the IT point of contact and accountable for the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions, etc. This includes relocation and/or installation of voice/data communications solutions, LAN and PC equipment
- Responsible for local IT vendor, contract and outsourcing management
- Install operating system software, patches, and upgrades
- Diagnose hardware/software problems, and replace defective components as needed for clients
- Manage Active Directory, group policy, log on scripts, etc.
- Build servers from scratch in a domain environment
- Monitor the server for faults and capacity and take corrective action
- Configure, optimize, fine-tune, and monitor operating system software and servers
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Lead in Server Deployment and Upgrades
- Work with other team members to design and implement disaster recovery plans for all applicable areas of responsibility (e.g., server systems, networks, etc.)
- Support employee and business software functionality: In cooperation with IT, local operations staff and key users, provide security, strategy, budgeting and disaster recovery/business continuity planning to offices and staff in multiple operating, business and functional units.
- Serves as the technical and communications liaison to and from stakeholders and office key users for IT communications, initiatives, needs assessments, etc.
- Provides consulting/training/education services such as data management and staff training/orientation for standard systems.
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience in a hands-on IT leadership role
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management
- A strong understanding of Windows Desktop OS’s in a domain environment
- Roll out, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge of Server hardware and operating systems to include building of servers from scratch in a domain environment
- Active Directory and Azure Configuration, Management, and Troubleshooting
- Experience with configuring Firewalls/Routers
- A core understanding of VLAN’s, routing, and Layer 3 switching a plus
- Microsoft Exchange, Setup, Configuration, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Experience a plus
- Virtualization experience – VMWare and/or Hyper-V
- SAN experience a plus
- Must be willing to travel 15% of the time