Human Resources Director
At Solaria, human resources (HR) is focused on what people need and how to provide it. We’re searching for a qualified Human Resources Director to coordinate all aspects of HR, encompassing the full employee lifecycle, and ensuring that all policies, procedures, and programs are adhered to and maintained across the local geography and disciplines. Particular emphasis is placed around hiring and onboarding, payroll and benefits, and ensuring that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the position works closely with the Vice President of Human Resources in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities. The position also assists with the safety efforts.
- Manages day-to-day HR operations, including hiring and onboarding, payroll and benefits, and off boarding at local site (Salt Lake City).
- Provides HR guidance and acts as coach and mentor to local teams and employees.
- Works closely and effectively with leadership and teams across departments and geographies.
- Manages the relationship and services with third party HR vendors & consultants.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to the administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefits programs. Develop, implement and control programs in a manner that ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees.
- Administer benefits programs, including conducting analyses and serving as primary contact with providers (including group health and life), workers’ compensation, unemployment, and retirement plans.
- Assist the VP of HR in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization.
- Develop, prepare, generate, and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as benefits costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, affirmative action/EEO, compensation, promotions, etc. Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resource management. Identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management, employees, and retirees accordingly.
- Educates and influences teams and leadership on HR matters affecting employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in human resources, business, or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years HR management experience.
- Thorough understanding of multi-state and federal laws and regulations as related to employment.
- Multi-state experience is required, Global experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, empathy, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- Strong supervisor, leadership, and coaching skills.
- Aptitude for problem-solving and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Attention to detail and analytically driven.
- Multi-tasker, organized, and on top of things. Ability to prioritize and delegate when appropriate.
- Proficiency in Office 365, Google Suite, Office 365, Adobe Acrobat.
- Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software.