Do you want to use your skills to fight climate change and positively impact the communities in which we live? We are seeking a motivated and passionate Senior FP&A Analyst to help animate a world-class solution that reimagines how people use energy.
As a member of our finance team, the FP&A Analyst will play a highly visible and key role in providing critical financial consultation to leaders across the business. You will support all aspects of financial planning/budgeting, P&L review, KPI development/reporting, board reporting, and other complex financial analysis required to grow the business. Your work will directly enable the company to pay the hundreds of thousands of California families – many of which are low- or moderate-income – that elect to reduce their electricity use at times when power would otherwise come from fossil fuel-based power plants.
- Build relationships with department heads to become a trusted finance partner to assist in accurate financial forecasts, KPIs, and ad-hoc analysis/reporting.
- Support monthly P&L review process, including explaining variances to plan/forecast/prior year, providing insight on trends, and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Manage weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial and KPI reporting requirements, including preparing materials for the Board of Directors.
- Conduct complex financial cost/benefit analyses to support growth and other strategic initiatives.
- Support implementation of new global financial planning and analysis systems.
- Other ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in Financial Planning and Analysis or related field.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills.
- Must possess high attention to detail, be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Advanced Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Keynote skills.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting concepts and practices.
- Experience with process development/improvement, unafraid with ambiguity/change.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and willingness to pivot on activities as new requests and priorities surface.
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fully-remote work environment.
- Desire to understand in depth electricity market operations.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- Experience in energy market a plus.
- Experience with SaaS models a plus.
- Experience with IOT business a plus.
- Bay Area/Sacramento location for periodic in-person meetings a plus.