Field Applications Specialist
The Field Applications Engineer is primarily responsible for implementing and directing product-training and technical support efforts and maximizing the value for the training investment. The Field Applications Engineer delivers programs and curricula that drive demand for the company’s technology and its adoption and ensures adherence to proper installation techniques. The Field Applications Engineer diligently expands the company’s network of influence and leverages expertise to continually promote the company value proposition.
- Train customers’ installation crews on the proper installation of the company products and gather market feedback on competitor products and installer insights.
- Product & application expert – maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s products and their appropriate use.
- Gather information on installer preferences, application challenges and competitor solutions.
- Utilize the CRM system to keep records of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Travel to and meet with customers on site to present products, provide installation and application training, and obtain buy-in from installation crews and supervisors.
- Attend trade shows as required.
- Continually develop & revise product & application training webinars. Lead in-house training session or webinars as needed.
- Regularly interact and communicate with Product Management, Marketing, Sales and Operations teams; participate sales and product meetings reporting on customer insights, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of solar mounting systems and their specific applications.
- Familiar with a variety of mechanical or construction-type installation concepts, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to work well with others and maintain a sense of urgency in this fast-paced environment.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills; a background in training is desired.
- Undergraduate degree in business, engineering or construction.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as familiarity with ERP and CRM systems.
- Travel up to 80% to clients, support tradeshows, co-marketing functions and events.