Director of HR
We are currently seeking a Director of HR to join our team! The Human Resource Manager is responsible for all HR functional areas within a fast paced, high volume recycling facility. This is an opportunity to be an early team member in an innovative, thriving, and ambitious company.
Responsibilities will include a wide range of HR tasks, such as and implementing various human resources programs. performance evaluations, ensure all employee records are up-to-date, employee training & development, employment law compliance, administering employee benefits and leaves and crafting HR policies. This position may require additional administrative and financial duties as assigned.
Project Location(s): Phoenix, AZ
Compensation: $85,000 - $100,000 annually
- The HR Director is responsible for the strategy and execution of policies relating to the company’s most important asset – the team members.
- Oversees daily operations of the Human Resources Department to ensure efficient and accurate workflow, includes direct supervision of staff.
- Partner with the leadership to ensure the HR function supports company objectives and is executed.
- Promotes HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new human resource policies.
- Administers employee compensation and benefit plans.
- Oversees the administration of medical, life, AD&D, Worker’s Compensation, and dental insurance.
- Leads trainings on benefits programs and coordinates annual open enrollment with training and information session for staff across all states the Company operates.
- Responsible for employee benefits enrollment, preparation of forms and follow-up compensation.
- Assists employees in resolution of problems related to benefits.
- Update, maintain and implement current Employee Handbook.
- Ensures Federal, Multi-State and local compliance regarding record keeping and personnel matters.
- Conducts training to staff and employees as required to inform them of changes to policies and procedures.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolution of employee relations issues as they arise.
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibilities are performed within budget; performs cost control activities; monitors expenditures in assigned areas to assure sound fiscal control.
- Prepares annual budget requests; assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time.
- Organize and support annual employee performance reviews.
- Provides guidance to or assists subordinates in performing duties.
- Conducts exit interviews are conducted to determine reasons behind separations.
- Plans modification of existing benefit plans and recommends changes to management.
- Participates as a key member of various Company employee groups and committees as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Personal ongoing development, attending HR related trainings.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Previous experience with an HRIS system.
- Current PHR or other Additional HR training is preferred.
- Strong familiarity with employment/labor laws.
- Thorough knowledge of employee compensation, budgetary practices, risk management, and safety practices.
- Strong familiarity with benefits, COBRA regulations, etc.
- Excellent and proven ability to work with the utmost discretion.
- Ability to prepare and analyze comprehensive reports related to HR.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Self-starter with an aptitude in problem-solving.
- Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach.
- A desire to be a part of the Renewables Energy Industry.