The Dairy Service Technician will troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning dairy equipment or systems, to the satisfaction of the customer. The Service Technician is responsible for responding to service calls under the direction of the Service Manager.
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following is encouraged but not mandatory: Dairy Service, Electrical 3 Phase High Voltage, Electrical low Voltage Controls, Refrigeration, Automation, Pneumatics, Automation and Robotics.
- Assess, troubleshoot, and repair any broken and/or malfunctioning dairy refrigeration equipment, which includes but is not limited to 5-30hp piston compressors, centrifugal pumps, vacuum pumps, cooling towers, and boilers.
- Proficient with basic 120 VAC control circuits and 3 phase AC voltage sources (120/480 VAC) to complete routine electrical repair, adjustment, and installation work.
- Must manage time efficiently while completing all necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Provide a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations.
- Emergency on-call servicing, as part of a rotation schedule with other Service Technicians.
- Adapts productively to change, demonstrates flexibility in approach to work, performs all duties as assigned, and complies with all safe work practices.
- Complete any service calls to the customer’s satisfaction before vacating any job site.
- Must be willing to engage in continued development of skills related to dairy installation and servicing (welding, electrical, etc.)
- Drive a service vehicle and maintain the vehicle and parts on board.
- Maintain a clean and well-kept uniform and truck.
- Contributes to the overall success by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must possess the ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential and expected.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by Management.
- 3+ years of industrial maintenance experience required preferably working on dairy processing equipment.
- Understanding of industrial electrical systems; industrial pneumatic systems, industrial hot water systems, industrial refrigeration systems, motors, compressors, gear boxes and pumps.
- Knowledge of dairy processing systems troubleshooting and repair.
- Strong work ethic with mechanical, and or electrical skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of specialty tools and equipment necessary for troubleshooting and repairing dairy equipment.
- Flexibility with work hours, and the ability to work overtime, nights, and weekend hours when needed.
- Outstanding ability to provide job status communication to customer and supervisors.