Customer Service Specialist
As a Customer Service Specialist, you will be responsible to assist in maximizing inside sales by selling of products and/or service to established clients and/or customers. This position processes orders for product received by phone, fax, mail, email, or personally from customer or company employee; prepares transportation documents listing details of freight shipped by carrier, both domestic and international; provides customer service; and provides technical support to Level 1 customers by performing the following duties in an industrial repair business.
- Emphasize product features, benefits and capabilities, discussing credit terms, quoting prices and preparing sales order reports or forms.
- Follow up on leads for product sales and re-direct appropriate leads to Sales Manager and Repair Services department.
- Receive/manage customer orders via multiple methods: phone, fax, mail, email, in person.
- Edit orders received for price and nomenclature.
- Inform customers of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Ascertain credit rating of customer.
- Check inventory and communicate with Warehouse personnel regarding orders that would deplete stock or appear to be in shortage.
- Contact Production personnel per procedure regarding “specials”; follows procedure for such orders with proper contact with Warehouse and customer.
- Prepare shipping documents such as bill of lading and international shipping documentation.
- Prepare international documents; adhere strictly to nomenclature, labeling, instructions, and other parameters as required by law.
- Receive, check and work with appropriate company personnel to resolve customer complaints.
- Expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Maintain customer contact /email lists.\
- Present new or existing products to customers.
- Order follow-up to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Collect, organize and maintain customer feedback/ratings for inside sales.
- Complete company records accurately and in a timely manner. Complete all internal control records, forms and procedures properly and accurately. Will require strong reading, writing and arithmetic skills, and must have good functional knowledge of common office computer systems.
- General mechanical knowledge necessary, aptitude and knowledge of the internal combustion engine is highly desired, familiar with general sales and negotiation techniques must have general knowledge of drills, taps procedures and applications, strong customer service skill and techniques.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with management, personnel, other departments and customers.
- Strong active listening skills with ability to pick up key information and/or distill complex issues with objective of finding solution.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Strong facilitation skills with ability to interface with all levels of company.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- 2-5 years of experience sales of mechanical products and service.
- Typing skills of at least 30wpm with accuracy.
- Organize, prioritize, and work calmly, think clearly and stay focused in change orientated, challenging work environment and maintain commitment to long term projects.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Travel 5% of the time.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed appearance creating a favorable public image and maintain proper conduct.
- High School Degree or GED, 4 year college degree or equivalent mix of education and experience preferred.