We are looking for a talented Corporate Controller who will be a critical part of the senior leadership team and will be responsible for all accounting functions. This role is a full- time, permanent position. We are looking for someone that has experience in both start-ups and larger companies and has breadth of experience in a range of finance and accounting functions. Primary responsibilities include implementation and management of all accounting and treasury operations including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, treasury and cash management, risk management functions, financial reporting and management of external audit firms and tax advisors, including the preparation of financial audits and annual tax returns. Additionally, the Corporate Controller will work closely with operations teams to drive process and systems improvements and develop, maintain, and administer policies and procedures. You will be a key member to help guide a fast-growing company to scale and profitability.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of challenges and opportunities, this is the right role for you. Since we are an early-stage company with strong growth prospects, there will be many opportunities for career advancement. This position is highly strategic and reports directly to the CFO/CEO.
- Manage all essential accounting functions including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Treasury and Cash Management, and Tax, including supporting international growth and expansion.
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes and preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Primary day to day contact for financial statement audit.
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances.
- Oversee quarterly and annual budget and planning.
- Accurate and timely production of all financial reporting.
- Perform analytical review of all financial statements including balance sheet analysis, income statement actuals vs plan, and cash flow actuals vs projections.
- Oversee Information Technology needs and infrastructure.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Develop and drive the adoption of best practices in common processes and systems across the company.
- Manage the submission of income, property, franchise, and other tax returns.
- Collaborate closely within management team to provide transaction details and data support for financial analysis and decision making.
- Lead the development of processes to support growing operations.
- Build a team of in-house employees and contractors to help manage the accounting and finance functions.
- Prepare investor and board reports related to financial performance and analysis.
- Develop relationships and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders including the larger finance team, business leaders, senior management, and auditors to ensure communication of critical issues in a timely manner.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- 10+ years’ experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- 2+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities, preferably for a manufacturing, solar and/or recycling company.
- “Big Four” or national accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience in private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required.
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history.
- Confidential, understands the ethical standards of a CPA.
- Experience with audit process and interaction with outside auditors.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
- Experience in a fast-paced organization with ability to adapt to and work in a fast growth- oriented and rapid changing environment.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same.
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional work ethic with a great attitude to work hard, have fun and make the world a better place.