Currently seeking a detail oriented, organized, and self-sufficient Buyer/Planner to develop and execute supply plans, manage system parameters, and serve as the first point of contact for assigned suppliers and service providers.
This job is for a hybrid role with responsibilities that will span both Supply Planning and Procurement reporting into the Director, Supply Operations. The primary responsibility for the Buyer/Planner will be to balance enterprise-wide inventory investments with targeted on-time delivery service levels to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Primary supplier interface for assigned categories and/or suppliers.
- Active and self-sufficient with reviewing and executing to MRP, data integrity, product rollovers, and obsolescence.
- Skilled at developing supply plans that balance vendor capacities, lead times and cost across a globally diverse set of suppliers.
- Works independently and proactively to ensure OTD and implement fixes for supply risks or vendor issues.
- Principal interface and first-level escalation point for internal clients regarding product availability, product lead-times and delays to fulfilling customer sales orders.
- Work autonomously to ensure appropriate inventory levels for assigned materials are maintained; accurate transaction-level detail of POs with suppliers to balance inventory across warehouses.
- Interface with Customer Service, Finance, Sourcing, QA, and Fulfillment teams to optimize lead times to customers and resolve issues pertaining to quality, invoicing, and receiving.
- Analyze supply data sets and act on trends such as supplier OTD performance, material usage, forecasts accuracy, spend, and other key business variables.
- Develop supply plans to achieve 4-6 inventory turns while meeting customer OTD targets.
- Partner with Sourcing to develop transition and scale up timelines for new suppliers and/or ramp down of non-preferred suppliers.
- Strong knowledge of MRP supply planning system.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain models, Advanced Planning, and value delivery systems.
- Proficiency with ERP & WMS systems; ideally with Microsoft Dynamics or other cloud-based platforms
- Necessary skills set: quick study, solid data analysis capability, problem solver, and ability to negotiate.
- Broad Procurement/Planning experience and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- General knowledge of materials, planning, master scheduling and manufacturing processes
- Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills; ability to take data sets and present to target audience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, MS-Word, and PowerPoint.
- BA/BS and 5+ years’ experience with Procurement, Planning, Fulfillment, or Business Operations.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Direct experience with: APICS, PLC, SPC, ERP maintenance, S&OP programs, and ISO standards.