The Accounting Specialist will handle processing of routing AR and AP transactions, working closely with the Controller. This Accounting Specialist will play a crucial role in the day to day accounting tasks, collaborating with the Controller, CFO, other department managers and vendors. This is an entry to junior level position with opportunity for advancement within the Accounting department. Company is running on NetSuite accounting software; familiarity with Oracle based software is highly preferred.
• Process Core routine transactions entered in NetSuite’s Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) applications. You will be responsible for timely and accurate entry of approved transactions.
• Work with Sales and Logistics Departments to obtain necessary documentation required to properly invoice each billable order when delivered.
• Issue and apply credit memos for discounts taken by customers.
• Apply cash received to open invoices. Connect with customers’ AP departments to make sure both company’s records are aligned.
• Process daily AP invoices. Ensure that invoices are properly approved before entry into NetSuite. Accurately code invoices to the correct vendor and GL accounts.
• Independently prepare payments to vendors.
• Help develop workflow improvements, including process (recommending workflow, creating process documentation) and systems (assisting in the development of our requirements, performing systems testing).
• Other typical accounting duties including: Purchase Orders, Filing, Monthly close, Budget reviews, Shipping Requests, Cover for the receptionist, etc.
• Minimum 6 months experience in bookkeeping/Accounting data-entry.
• Quick-learner able work independently.
• At least 1-year Junior College accounting classes. Basic understanding of accounting process: Debits, Credits, accounts and balances.
• Solid computer skills including email etiquette, experience with word and excel spreadsheet functionality. Familiarity with NetSuite, Dynamics or similar GL systems.
• You excel at handling many different tasks and you can prioritize for importance.
• Work independently in an extremely fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
• You enjoy details and like to ensure consistency and accuracy.
• Possess excellent customer service principles and practices.