We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Account Manager to grow business and maintain key accounts for our Northern California Headquarters. The ideal candidate should be passionate about Information Technology, Partner Relationships, Account Management, Business Development and Sales.
This role is responsible to maintain a list of key accounts, prospect through strategic networking for opportunities and perform virtual and in-person visits to generate new business. Marketing Qualified Leads will also be provided along with additional leads and opportunities from our vendor partners. The product offering is a combination of recurring monthly services and evolving project scopes.
- Act as a vCIO/Account Executive and manage existing key accounts on a consultative level.
- Identify new prospective clients and project opportunities in the area, as well as through the existing account base.
- Strategically partner with internal business development team to generate a minimum of 4 new client meetings with decision makers per week focusing on security and managed IT services.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the company’s services and pricing structure.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business through our CRM.
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers.
- Utilize our CRM and other tools daily, scheduling and documenting activities, and developing prospective customer profiles.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Weekly and monthly meetings with the VP of Sales to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Maintain and manage regular technical review meetings with existing clients.
- On-going education, training and maintenance of technology and product specific knowledge.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with great time management skills.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving skills to serve the customer and the company.
- Previous cold calling experience and a proven track record of previous sales achievements.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Technology industry or equivalent experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SLED, E-Rate Programs, Managed Services, and Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Must have reliable transportation, current CDL and insurance coverage
- Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Position will work out of Modesto Office with a flex schedule.
- High school diploma or equivalent with college courses or equivalent training required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- Technical or information Technology related experience in a sales or customer service type role.